This was the first year of our relationship and we focused on working collaboratively and interactively with the Board, CEO and members of the team to:
- Set expectations of how we will work together
- Review and develop an outcomes based strategy (e.g., Strategic narrative, Strategy on a Page)
- Develop organisation models for growth
- Draft Terms of Reference for new board sub-committees (e.g. Finance, Audit & Risk Management; Communication & Marketing; Revenue Sourcing & Fund Raising; Program Design & Delivery)
- Work with the CEO to shape a preliminary CEO work plan
- Assist with a funding submission
- Conduct a Board skills self-assessment and skills development plan
During the year, we were privileged to attend the 2019 Launch event for Live4Life in Macedon Ranges Shire. This gave us a much better appreciation of the Live4Life program and overall impact. We also attended a Boardroom lunch hosted by Arnold, Bloch, Leibler for L4L and the Spring Fundraising dinner, with special guests Paul Kelly, Rosie Waterland and Brian Nankervis.
We have worked worked closely in dialogue with the Board and CEO to firm up their strategic, organisation and governance foundations to prepare for growth and reduce risk as new communities continue to seek to implement the Live4Life Model.
We are now in our second year of the Youth4Life and Social Venture Partners Melbourne three year partnerships and are building a deeper relationship. The partners who are involved include: Lead Partner Paula Giles, Mark Jankelson, Tony Morgan and Margi Olsen. We have conducted a ‘Look Back and Review’ of the first year of our partnership; identifying areas of priority and are continuing to work with Bernard, CEO of Youth Live4Life, and the board to further develop this year’s workplan.
“I have been incredibly fortunate and humbled to see the work that Life4Life do. It is a community led program that enhances the leadership skills of young people, provides a forum for parents and develops the capacity of the community to look after their young citizens. I have been enormously impressed by the shared energy and talent of YL4L and SVP as we have worked together ‘around the kitchen table’ on this most pressing social issue.” Paula Giles – Lead Partner, Social Venture Partners Melbourne.